Main Ideas for Cheap Gifts
Cheap Baby Gifts
Ideas for Cheap Wedding Gifts
Cheap Gifts for Your Dog
Markdowns & Cheap Sporting Goods
Where Cheap Gifts are Found
Finding Cheap & Unique Gifts, Ideas
There seems a minor obstacle when finding gifts that are both
and unique. It's almost a contradiction in terms. Due to techniques required
for mass production, gifts which are cheap are those that are easily duplicated.
To give a gift or worth, it must pass along some form of meaning.
- Frame an existing picture or photograph. Take a photo that is 4x6,
5x7, 6x8 , 8x10 and place the photo in a pre-made frame. This is a
gift that you can have for $6.00 or less. For larger or uncommon sizaes
expect to pay more. If you are handy the mitre box, make your own and
do for a several dollars. This is highly personalized and hard to beat.
- For those artistically inclined, sketching out a subject touches
the receiver far more than a store-bought card and it is much more
likely to be held into a keepsake.
- Convert any prized aging photos to digital form. This will not onlyl
prevent deterioration, it will create a treasure to be passed down
through the generations.
- Gifts that are no longer being made carry a special, unique appeal..
Any piece of furniture that is made
real materials or that carries sentimental value could do. Such as
pieces of small furniture made of real wood, coins from a collection,
a rocking chair used as a child or the bamboo fishing pole that a child
learned to fish on.
Escape the null of mass production.
Then on to the world of currency, for modest outlays of cash:
- Prepaid gas cards - make excellent gifts that everyone over the
drving age can use. Available to meet your budget at $10, $20 amounts
- Bargain DVD movies - check the bargain bin at your local
Walmart, who carries dvd's as low as $5 ea. Or check out the price of
pre-owned cd's, which carries no shame since many hard to find tracks
you'll find there are no longer being produced.
- Book titles - see your local reseller and not only find a gift, but
conserve book materials. For sepcial titles however you'll probably
have to turn to an internet reseller.
- Make a donation to a local food bank or pet shelter. This will convey
a lot of value while helping someone along the way. It could be helpful
to ask for a receipt in the name of the recipient.
- Giving a coupon book to local restaurants and hotels are an
excellent way for people new to get to know the area, or for anyone.
They usually feature buy one get one free and are sponsored to help